Waldorf Chicken Salad. Let me put it another way: This chicken salad-Waldorf style-is so good, it'll make you walk up and smack your Mama. Leftover cooked chicken makes this chicken Waldorf salad, loaded with apples, grapes, celery and walnuts, a snap to assemble. If you use rotisserie chicken, keep in mind that it's salty and omit the.
A version of popular Waldorf salad made with chicken breasts, roasted walnuts, apple, dried cranberries, and grapes is served in a light mayonnaise and yogurt dressing. Chicken Waldorf Salad is tender chunks of chicken mixed with celery, grapes, apples, toasted walnuts and mayonnaise. This delectable recipe is one of our favorite chicken salad recipes. You can have Waldorf Chicken Salad using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Waldorf Chicken Salad
- Prepare 1 of stock celery.
- Prepare 2 of stock Green onion.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of red or green grapes.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely diced apple.
- It's 2 large of chicken breasts.
- It's 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.
- It's 2/3 cup of mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It's 2 tsp of lemon pepper seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dill.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
I first heard of Chicken Waldorf Salad as a teen. Tea parties were in vogue in our homeschool circle, so we were always on the lookout for new tea-ish recipes to try. No efforts, no waiting and a story to tell others! (that is if you have guests). Waldorf Chicken Salad is a hearty fruit and nut salad with chopped chicken in a delicious creamy dressing that will be a hit for potluck parties!
Waldorf Chicken Salad instructions
- shred or cube cooked chicken breasts (I prefer shredded).
- finely chop all fruit and vegetables and add to chicken.
- lightly toast almonds in a dry pan on medium heat until golden. Add to mixture..
- Add and stir in remaining ingredients. Refridgerate at least one hour. I like to eat it on toasted bread with lots of lettuce..
When apple season hits, make this chicken Waldorf salad your go-to lunch, or leave a batch of this in your fridge so You may think of a Waldorf salad as a retro dish created in a fancy hotel, but it's a. Chicken Waldorf Salad is a classic cold salad made with tender chunks of chicken, apples, grapes, nuts, and celery in a creamy dressing. It is savory and sweet while being a great combination of. This classic CHICKEN WALDORF SALAD is all about the interesting combination of fruit, vegetable, nuts and chicken tossed in a tangy dressing. For the dressing Waldorf Chicken Salad Panini.