Homemade Key Lime Pie. We are big key lime pie fans and used authentic key lime juice. The pie was extremely dense like a very dense cheesecake. All of the KLP we have had in Florida (including very recently) has been smooth creamy and sometimes even very light as if whipped cream had been added.
It doesn't get much better than that! Ingredients Cool and creamy Key lime pie is a tangy, sweet treat. Sample best-of-the-best variations, all from Food Network stars. You can cook Homemade Key Lime Pie using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Key Lime Pie
- It's of Pie Crust:.
- You need 1 cup of Granulated Graham Crackers.
- It's 1 stick of of Butter (Melted).
- You need 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar (Can also use White Sugar if Preferred).
- You need of Pie Filling:.
- You need 5 of Egg Yolks.
- Prepare 1 of 14oz Can of Sweetened Condensed Milk.
- You need 1 tbsp of Key Lime Zest.
- It's 1 cup of Key Lime Juice (I used 1/2 Cup Fresh Key Lime Juice & 1/2 Cup Simply Limeade Juice).
- It's of Topping/Decoration:.
- It's 4 of Key Limes Sliced in Halves.
This pie is tasty no matter how you slice it. I always go for the latter. Key lime pie is famous around the world. It is a very simple custard that is easy to make at home.
Homemade Key Lime Pie instructions
- Pre-Heat the Oven to 350°.
- Mix Granulated Graham Crackers, Melted Butter, & Sugar Using Your Hands. Mix Until Graham Cracker Crumbs are Fully Coated With the Butter and Sugar (Should Have the Consistency of Sand)..
- Dump Graham Cracker Mixture Into a 9 inch Baking Dish. Spread the Mixture Evenly, Coating the Entire Dish (Pushing the Mixture Up the Sides of the Dish As Well..
- Place Dish Into the Oven and Bake for 10 Minutes. Take the Dish Out and Place on Cooling Rack..
- Meanwhile, Mix Egg Yolks on Medium Speed Until Fluffy in Consistency (About 2 Minutes). Slowly Add Condensed Milk and Key Lime Juice Until Mixture is the Consistency of a Thick Cream. Add Lime Zest..
- Pour Mixture Into Graham Cracker Crust Baking Dish. Bake for 15 Minutes (or Until Filling No Longer Jiggles)..
- Place Pie on Cooling Rack to Cool. Place in Refrigerator for an Hour or More ( Preferably Overnight)..
- Garnish Pie With Sliced Limes & Serve!.
Fresh is preferable, but if you cannot find fresh Key limes, you should be able to find bottled Key lime juice in the canned aisle near the lemon juice. This could not be simpler to make. For the filling: Whisk the egg yolks, condensed milk, lime juice and lime zest in a medium bowl until combined. If Key limes aren't available in your grocery store, look for bottled Key lime juice near the other bottled lime juices. Cool the baked crust, and add the Key lime filling.