Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe. This bread pudding is very versatile and lovely in texture. Christmas time can inspire a bread pudding by simply substituting a good-quality eggnog for This has the consistency of yorkshire pudding and is not sweet at all. I should have known it would have no taste since the recipe didn't call for any spices.
Other ingredients will depend on whether the bread is meant to be sweet or. While most recipes for bread pudding are quite similar, it's the bread to custard ratio that differs the most. In some recipes, the casserole will still be The brulee top is only optional, and without it, you'll still have a delicious, classic bread pudding. You can cook Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe
- Prepare 8 cups of stale bread that's been cut into 1-inch cubes (See notes above re: types of bread.).
- You need 4 of large eggs plus 1 egg yolk.
- Prepare 1 of +3/4 cups whole milk.
- Prepare 3/4-1 cup of sugar, depending on how sweet you like your desserts.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- It's 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt (a little less if you're using regular table salt).
- You need 3 Tablespoons of butter, melted.
Either way you decide to create this sweet morning treat. This recipe is proof-positive that leftover bread can easily be converted to dessert without much work There's room for customization here: consider adding fresh or dried fruit or a combination of spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and Simple Bread Pudding. Sweet bread pudding is where leftover stale bread gets a second chance at greatness. It's possible you've only ever had this dish of warm Regular white bread, French bread, or artisan country bread also makes a very good bread pudding.
Basic Sweet Bread Pudding Recipe step by step
- Preheat oven to 350F..
- Combine all ingredients but the bread in a large mixing bowl and whisk until all sugar is dissolved..
- Pour the bread into the custard mixture and fold gently to coat. Allow it to steep for about 7 minutes, and gently turn again to make sure all the bread is soaked. Allow it to steep another 10 minutes to soak up as much of the custard as possible..
- Generously butter a 9-inch pie dish or 9 x 9 casserole/baking dish and pour in the bread and custard mixture, stirring gently to distribute evenly..
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center is just slightly jiggly and remove from oven to cool. (I’d check at about 35 minutes.) It’s kinda like scrambled eggs in the pan - if they’re firm in the pan, they’ll be overcooked on your plate because the internal heat keeps cooking them..
- Cool for at least 20 minutes to allow it to set..
This is a good option for those times when we're not quite up. Follow this simple recipe for making easy bread pudding. This delicious dessert uses challah or brioche bread and a rich custard to bake the perfect dish of bread pudding. As a kid, you probably celebrated every time you got to enjoy a big helping of vanilla or chocolate pudding for Pudding can be sweet or savory (even dairy-free). From classic renditions to filling bread puddings, these recipes are certainly delicious enough.